CrossFit Amsterdam Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Applicability
- The Terms and Conditions stated herein apply to all individuals who are members of CrossFit Amsterdam (referred to as 'CFA' hereafter). Members are given the opportunity to review these Terms and Conditions when enrolling in a membership. Upon signing a contract with CFA, members confirm that they have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions as well as the Box rules that are relevant to CFA
- CFA reserves the right to modify or supplement any of the Terms and Conditions or Box rules.
Article 2. Membership
- A membership will be known as a membership for a period of 1-month (in the case of On-Ramp Course – hereafter the ‘ORC’), 3-months, 6-months or 12-months, where the member can participate in the classes that belong to that membership. Membership terms will also be applicable to the ORC. Signing up for a membership via the internet is a legal act according to law book number 7, article 46A/D. This membership will be strictly personal and cannot be transferred to other individuals.
Article 3. Costs membership
- All members are required to pay the membership fee associated with their selected membership level, which can be found on our website at crossfitamsterdam.nl.
- CFA has the authority to periodically decide on the membership fee amount and make adjustments for the remaining duration of the contract in a prospective manner.
- The membership fee will be automatically deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit card on the first day of each month. If you start your membership in the middle of a month, the fee for this first month will be adjusted proportionally.
- ORC memberships are valid for an entire month and are not subject to proration.
- In the event of a payment failure, the outstanding amount must be settled within one week. However, failure to pay for more than 8 days may result in denied participation in classes. Once the outstanding balance is settled, participation in classes may resume.
Article 4. Membership period
- Membership durations of 1-month (for ORC), 3-months, 6-months, or 12-months are available. For the 3-months, 6-months, or 12-months memberships, you can choose to activate them with a frequency of 2, 3, or an unlimited number of workouts per week (WOD).
- The 2WOD and 3WOD per week memberships provide 9 and 13 credits per month respectively. Any unused credits within a given week can only be transferred within the same month; otherwise, they will be forfeited. It's important to note that unused credits cannot be carried over to subsequent months.
- If your membership contract for the 3-months, 6-months or 12-months membership starts in a particular month, the first monthly fee will be prorated and counted as the first month of the contract. However, all subsequent months will be valid from the first day of the month until the last day of the month.
- The ORC membership is exclusively available for new members and remains active for one month. During this time, members must attend and successfully complete all ORC course sessions to gain access to the benefit of unlimited workouts for the remainder of the month. Upon expiration of the contract period, members may choose to continue training by enrolling in a 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month membership, purchasing a Punch Card, or opting for a Drop-in session. It is important to note that once initiated, the one-month ORC membership cannot be terminated.
- After the contract period ends, our 3-month, 6-month, and 12-month memberships will expire. In order to continue their training with CFA, members are required to enrol in a new contract, should they desire to do so. If a member terminates their contract during the contract period, they will be subject to a termination fee according to the guidelines outlined in "Art 5. Terminating Membership."
- Management will consider exceptions, but temporarily terminating, suspending, pausing, freezing any membership or refunding payments made is not possible.
Article 5. Terminating Membership
- Termination initiated by CFA
CFA reserves the right to terminate any membership without providing a reason in the following events:
- If, in CFA's judgment, a member seriously violates any of the Box Rules and/or terms and conditions or misbehaves in a serious manner. In such cases, payments will not be refunded and no prior notice will be given.
- If membership fees remain unpaid 30 days after the due date, CFA may issue a written warning before terminating the membership.
- Termination initiated by a CFA member
Members are allowed to terminate ongoing 3-month, 6-month and 12-month membership contracts in writing. The ORC contract has a term of only 1 month and cannot be terminated once it has begun. All terminations require a notice period of 14 calendar days before the next billing date, which is the 1st of the following month. If a member terminates an ongoing contract, a termination fee will apply. The fee will be 20% of all unpaid full months remaining in the contract period. Unpaid months are all full months remaining in the contract after the notice month of 30 calendar days.
Article 6. Mutations of Membership
- Members may upgrade their membership to any level with a higher frequency during their membership period. Such requests must be submitted in writing to CFA before the next monthly membership fee payment. The upgraded membership will commence once the new membership fee has been paid and will remain active until the end of the current contract period. Downgrading a membership is only possible after the current contract period ends or if the contract is terminated, as outlined in Article 5 on Terminating Membership.
Article 7. Liability
- The use of CFA's equipment and materials is solely at the risk and responsibility of the members.
- CFA and its coaches cannot be held liable for any injury, damage, or death that occurs to a member while attending class or being present on CFA's premises, regardless of their use of available equipment and materials.
- Members are prohibited from holding CFA accountable for any harm inflicted upon themselves or third parties due to their own negligence or abnormal behaviour while present on CFA's premises.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused to CFA's property resulting from their omission and/or fault.
Article 8. Refunds and Returns
- Under the Agreement with CrossFit Amsterdam, any fees or payments made are non-refundable under all circumstances. However, if you have purchased CrossFit Amsterdam products or apparel, such as t-shirts, hats, sports equipment, or any other physical or tangible products, you may return them within fourteen (14) days of purchase, provided that you have proof of purchase or receipt.
Article 9. Miscellaneous
- By utilising CFA services, both members and clients grant CFA permission to publish and share on social media any video, photography, or other visual material featuring groups or individuals captured at CFA events or on CFA premises.
- The personal information provided will solely be utilised for internal purposes and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- CFA retains the right to modify its opening hours due to cleaning, decoration, repairs, special occasions, vacations, or other reasons. However, the CFA will attempt to notify its members in advance.
- CFA has the authority to modify pricing, products, and service offerings for reasons such as shifting market conditions, discontinuing products, product unavailability, manufacturer price changes, and advertising errors, among others. This list is not exhaustive. If a member chooses to terminate their membership due to price increases mentioned earlier, the termination fee described in Article 5 will not apply. All price increases will be communicated at least two months in advance, and the termination fee will only be waived within this two-month period.
- If a member or client utilises our services and facilities by buying a Punch Card, a Drop-in session, or a personal training session, they must also abide by the terms and conditions stated in the following sections:
- Article 7: Liability
- Article 8: Refunds and Returns